This Thursday July 9th at 7:30pm EST we will be having a webinar on “Using Sports as a Vehicle to Create Change” to highlight sports professionals who have used their platforms to give back, and inspire others to take action within their own communities.
Our panel includes:
- Daniel Poneman – Co-Founder and NBA agent at Beyond Athlete Management; founder of the Swag Air Showcase (started in 2009 and still running today, now as the Undiscovered Showcase) which is designed to showcase unsigned HS seniors from Chicago to help them earn college scholarships
- Milt Newton – Assistant GM of the Milwaukee Bucks; founder of the Emerald Gems Foundation which is designed to help grow the game of basketball in the US Virgin Islands through youth camps and coaching clinics
- Eric Legrand – former Rutgers football player who was paraylzed in 2010 and has since become a leading advocate for spinal cord research and motivational speaker; founder of “A Walk to bELieve” fundraiser
- Cameron Lynch – retired NFL player who played 4 seasons with the LA/St Louis Rams and Tampa Bay Bucs; 2 time winner of the Bucs community MVP award; founder of Heart Work Media
- Alicia Jessop – sports law professor at Pepperdine University; writer at The Athletic and The Washington Post
Registration Link is here and flyer is attached: https://illinois.
zoom.us/meeting/register/ tJEpcOispz8pH9AXFgq7OsmiGTSUR4 BHADPu
Hope to see you on Thursday night!